Complete Services for Dental Implants
Lazer Cosmetic & Advanced Dentistry offers complete services for dental implants. Our team complete both the surgical and restorative aspects of your dental implant procedure, right here in our Owings Mills dental office.
Dr. Roham Rafat is a Baltimore based periodontist, trained in implantology. He can easily perform any tooth implant surgery to replace a single missing tooth or an entire set of missing teeth. Dr. Ed Lazer is a Baltimore cosmetic dentist, he will perfectly craft and place your implant crown or denture, making certain that your dental implant is beautiful as well as functional.
Nobel Biocare: The Latest Dental Implant Technology
Dr. Lazer is one of the few dentists in Baltimore to offer the latest dental implant technology with Nobel Biocare. This advanced system uses CAD/CAM technology to plan and guide the precise placement of dental implants. Nobel Biocare can be used in patients who need to replace one missing tooth or an entire set of missing teeth.
Among the many benefits of Nobel Biocare are:
- More predictable results
- Improved quality and efficiency
- Increase patient comfort and satisfaction
Uses Of Dental Implants
The most common way to use a dental implant is to replace an individual missing tooth.
Dental implants can also be used to anchor a bridge that will replace multiple teeth, as well as to support dentures so that they are held firmly in place and won’t slip or move around when you talk or chew.
Dental implants are made up of three parts: a titanium post, which is surgically placed into your jaw bone to replace the tooth root; a titanium abutment or container, which sits just below the gum line and will anchor your new tooth crown; and a ceramic crown, which is made of durable, tooth-colored material and looks and feels like your own natural tooth.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
- They’re natural: when properly placed, the dental implant will fuse to the bone and become a natural part of your jaw.
- It isn’t removable: dental implants bond with living bone, so you can expect to eat, smile, talk and brush normally.
- Superior function: a removable denture will only support 5% or 10% of your chewing biting force. Dental implants allow you to chew normally.
- Long lasting: dental implants have a documented success rate of more than 97% and will last you for many, many years, far beyond the life span of a bridge or denture.
- Ultimate stability: a dental implant won’t drift or more like a removable denture.
- Conservative restoration: with a dental implant, the dentist doesn’t need to cut down adjacent teeth or use them to support a replacement tooth (like with a bridge).
Schedule Consultation for Dental Implants
If you have a missing tooth or several missing teeth, we offer complimentary consultations for dental implants in our Owings Mills, MD and Baltimore, MD area dentist office. Call 410.697.6290 or schedule an appointment online with Lazer Cosmetic & Advanced Dentistry. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Lazer and discuss which replacement options are right for you.