Are you missing teeth? Do you feel embarrassed by your smile because of missing teeth?
Dental implants offer the most natural way to replace missing teeth. A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth system made up of three parts. The post, abutment and the final dental restoration create a replacement tooth that looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth. Owings Mill dentists Dr. Roham Rafat and Dr. Ed Lazer work together to help patients restore the health and beauty to their smiles. Our Baltimore, MD dentist office offers full-service, personalized dental implant treatment plans. Dental implants can be used to replace a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or a full arch of missing teeth.
If you are missing teeth, contact our Owings Mill dentist office to learn how dental implants can improve your oral health and self-confidence.
THE DENTAL IMPLANT
- The Dental Restoration-The type of dental restoration will vary depending on the number and placement of missing teeth and the number and style of implants used. Using dental implants, a dental crown, dental bridge, or a full denture is used to replace missing teeth.
- The Abutment-The abutment gets attached to the dental implant once the implant has fully healed. The abutment will protrude from the gum line. The abutment is designed to fix the dental restoration to the dental implant post permanently.
- The Implant Post-Made of medical grade titanium, the dental implant post is much like a tiny threaded screw. The post is surgically inserted into the jaw bone and is designed to mimic a natural tooth root. The dental implant post takes 3-6 months to integrate with the jawbone. Once healed, the implant will help support natural bone regeneration and secure bite alignment.
State of the Art Dental Implants
Nobel Biocare is the latest in dental implant technology. Dr. Lazer is one of few dentist who offers this state of the art implant technology. Using CAD/CAM digital technology, Dr. LAzer is able to more precisely plan the placement of the implants. This allows Dr. Lazer to optimize healthy bone structure for more stable implants.
Benefits of Nobel Biocare:
- More predictable results
- Improved quality and efficiency
- Increase patient comfort and satisfaction
Schedule Complimentary Consultation
If you have missing teeth, contact our Owing Mills, MD dentist office for a complimentary consultation. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Lazer and discuss which replacement options are right for you. Call (410) 697-6290 to schedule your complimentary consultation or request an appointment online.