In this post, we will discuss all the advantages that an electric toothbrush can provide. If you still do not agree with the advantages that an electric toothbrush can offer you, then do not give up brushing your teeth!
We have listed the pros and cons of both the electric toothbrush and the traditional manual toothbrush. We are going to leave the decision up to you, and again, do not stop brushing your teeth!
Electric Toothbrush Pros & Cons
- More Effective: Let the electric toothbrush do the work. Several studies have shown that electric toothbrushes are more effective than manual toothbrushes at removing plaque in hard to reach areas.
- Built-In Timer: Most electric toothbrushes have built-in timers to make sure that you are brushing your teeth for enough time to ensure proper removal of food, debris, and plaque.
- Safety: Since an electric toothbrush brushes for you, it is almost impossible to brush too hard as some patients do with a manual toothbrush.
- Cost: Electric toothbrushes will be more money than a traditional toothbrush. An electric toothbrush can range from $50 all the way up to $250.
- Charging: Electric toothbrushes will need to be charged to operate, which means that when you travel, you will also need to travel with your electric toothbrush charger.
Manual Toothbrush Pros & Cons
- Accessible: You can find a manual toothbrush for sale at almost any store including grocery stores, gas stations, and even dollar stores.
- Affordable: Manual toothbrushes are very affordable and can be found available for as low as one dollar.
- Timing: Most patients tend to not brush their teeth long enough when using a manual toothbrush causing increased chances for tooth decay, gum disease, etc.
- Risk Of Injury: Multiple studies have shown that patients who use manual toothbrushes will often brush too hard damaging gums and tooth enamel.
The Choice Is Yours
Now that you have read through the pros and cons of each the electric toothbrush and manual toothbrush, the choice is up to you. Just make sure you use one or the other at least twice per day!
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
If you are interested in learning more about the advantages an electric toothbrush can offer you, contact Dr. Lazer in Owings Mills, MD. We gladly welcome new patients and out of town patients. Call us at (410) 697-6290 or request a consultation online.