Dental Crowns An Overview
Baltimore dentist, Dr. Ed Lazer uses porcelain dental crowns to add strength and protection to teeth with a natural looking result. We now offer the convenience of same-day dental crowns with innovative CEREC technology.
Dental Crowns Restore Health, Beauty, Function
A dental crown is used to restore teeth that are cracked, broken or crooked; as well as teeth that have decay or undergone a root canal. Because a dental crown fits over the tooth like a thimble, it is also known as a tooth cap.
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking, or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t enough tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- To restore a dental implant
A dentist can choose amongst many materials for creating a dental crown. Baltimore cosmetic dentist Dr. Lazer chooses porcelain dental crowns because they offer natural looking aesthetics and long term durability.