Dental implants are one of the more popular types of dental procedures for tooth replacement in our office. We offer a more comfortable, natural-feeling, and real-looking option for missing teeth with dental implants. Other types of teeth replacement options don’t even come close!
Dental bridges, traditional dentures, and partial dentures all require adjustment to speak properly. They also require more maintenance and repair than dental implants need in their lifetime. However, dental implant placements are one of the most popular restorative procedures at our dental office.
Before you can get a dental implant procedure, you must first qualify as an ideal candidate. Generally speaking, a good candidate for dental implants is in good physical health. They also possess sufficient bone structure in their jaw to support a small titanium post.
Learn all about dental implants and your treatment options at Cosmetic and Advanced Dentistry in Owings Mills, MD.
What Are Dental Implants?
The most common way to use a dental implant is to replace an individual missing tooth. But dental implants can also anchor a bridge to replace many lost teeth. They can also permanently support modern dentures.
Our implant restorations will hold your artificial teeth firmly in place. You will not experience slippage, or moving around when you talk and chew. Best of all, they will look so real that you might forget you have them.
Dental implants consist of three parts:
- A Titanium Post: Your dentist or oral surgeon surgically places this post into your jaw bone. The post replaces the missing tooth root. Your new teeth will never shift around while secured to this post.
- A Titanium Abutment or Container: The abutment is a small attachment piece. The abutment will hold your prosthetic on top of the implant post. The abutment piece will sit just below the gum line so it is not visible. It also anchors the new tooth crown to the dental implant.
- A Ceramic Crown: This dental crown is strong and looks and feels like your own real tooth. We usually place a porcelain crown because it’s the most natural-looking prosthetic.
You will not see any metal in your mouth after getting dental implants. Plus, your new dental implants will feel and function like real teeth. With a proper oral health routine and routine dental care, your implant is a perfect long-term restoration.
How Long Does the Process Take?
The entire procedure to receive dental implants generally takes between three to six months. Before you receive a dental implant, our dentist will first examine your mouth. He will make sure you are eligible for dental implants and create a treatment plan.
Dr. Lazer will check your jawbone health to make sure that your jawbone is strong enough to receive the posts. He may recommend a bone graft or other oral surgery to prepare your mouth. You must also be free of gum disease to qualify.
The oral surgery phase of the treatment plan will start on your next visit. Dr. Doroshenko will place the titanium implant screws in your healthy jaw. Then he will place a temporary cap, crown, or denture over the implant for cosmetic purposes.
It takes between three to six months for the screws to integrate completely into your bone and mouth. We will be creating the final prosthetic while your mouth and gums are healing after surgery. The final prosthetic will either be a porcelain crown, implant-supported denture, or implant-supported bridge. The prosthetic you get will depend on how many teeth we are replacing and their former location.
After your mouth heals, our dentist will replace the temporary caps, crowns, or dentures with the permanent ones. Then you are free to go about your daily activities as if the implants were your own natural teeth!
Advantages Of Dental Implants
This restorative procedure has many advantages that go beyond replacing missing teeth. Some of the most common include:
- They’re natural. The dental implant will fuse to the bone and become a natural part of your jaw.
- Implants are not removable. You do not need to remove implant placements for any reason. Dental implants bond with living bone, so you can eat, smile, talk and brush normally.
- Superior function. A removable denture will only support 5% or 10% of your chewing and biting force. Dental implants allow you to chew normally without worrying about damage.
- Long-lasting results. Dental implants have a documented success rate of more than 97%! They will last for decades; far beyond the life span of a bridge or denture.
- Ultimate stability. A dental implant won’t drift or move around in your mouth like removable dentures.
- Conservative restoration. Our dentist doesn’t need to trim down adjacent teeth or use them to support a replacement tooth.
Overall, dental implants will enhance your oral health and improve your overall quality of life. With a high success rate and long-term durability, implants offer a cost-effective investment in your dental health. To learn more about the perks of getting dental implants, visit Benefits of dental implants.
Complete Services for Dental Implants in Baltimore
Cosmetic and Advanced Dentistry offers complete services for affordable dental implants under one roof. We preform both the surgical and restorative aspects of your dental implant procedure in our Owings Mills dental office. We’re proud to be your go-to location for full dental implant services. We serve the following areas and communities, providing the implant services they need:
Dr. Doroshenko is a Baltimore-based Prosthodontist with vast training in implant dentistry. He can perform any tooth implant surgery to replace a single missing tooth or an entire set of missing teeth.
Dr. Ed Lazer is a cosmetic dentist in Baltimore. He will perfectly craft and place your implant crown or implant-supported denture. Our team will make certain that your results are beautiful as well as functional.
To learn more about our dental implant services, visit:
- Dental Implants Cost
- Dental Implant FAQs
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Multiple Teeth Dental Implants
- Single Tooth Dental Implant
- Types of Dental Implants
Do you offer dental sedation?
Dr. Doroshenko has the certification to provide oral conscious sedation. We offer patients that need dental implants a pleasant experience with the use of oral sedatives. This type of sedation, also called “twilight” sedation, enables patients to feel completely relaxed and pain-free.
You will still be awake and in control of your body. However, you will need to have someone drive you to and from the appointment if you elect to use dental sedation. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more about our sedation options.
Nobel Biocare: The Latest Dental Implant Technology
Dr. Doroshenko is one of a few dentists in Baltimore that uses the latest software with Nobel Biocare. This modern system uses CAD/CAM software to plan and guide the precise placement of dental implants. Our dentist will use Nobel Biocare to plan treatments that address missing teeth. Easily replace one missing tooth or an entire set of missing teeth.
Among the many benefits of Nobel Biocare, some are:
- More predictable results
- Improved quality and efficiency
- Increase patient comfort and satisfaction
If you have a missing tooth or many lost teeth, we provide free dental implant consultations! Get dental implants in our Owings Mills and Baltimore, MD area dental office.
Call (410) 697-6290 or schedule a visit online with one of our Baltimore dentists. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Lazer and discuss which teeth replacement options are best for you.