Restoring Smiles with Restorative Dentistry in Hunt Valley, MD
Dr. Ed Lazer and Dr. Andrey Doroshenko are highly experienced and skilled restorative dentists. They provide their patients with dental restorations that are comfortable, lasting, and natural looking. After a thorough exam where they will assess your needs, they will then suggest a treatment plan to correct your dental health issues. Our dentists have been restoring smiles with restorative dentistry in Hunt Valley, MD for many years and look forward to helping you make yours functional again.
The Importance of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry plays a crucial role in helping patients maintain their oral health which will help support their overall health. This branch of dentistry can restore teeth that are cracked, chipped, decayed, worn down, infected, or missing. Fixing these kind complex dental issues is important for the following reasons:
- Preserves Teeth: A restorative treatment can help to salvage a damaged or decayed tooth to prevent a tooth extraction.
- Restores Functionality: By restoring teeth to their most natural state, they will be able to function properly when you chew, speak, and they will help maintain your facial structure.
- Pain Relief: Restoring teeth can alleviate pain and discomfort caused by dental issues, improving your comfort and quality of life.
- Prevents Further Damage: Restoring a tooth, especially in the early stages, will prevent further damage to the tooth.
- Aesthetics: Not only can restoring your teeth help your oral health, but it will also enhance the appearance of your teeth thus boosting your self-esteem and confidence.
- Support Your Overall Health: Oral health is closely connected to overall health. Restorative dentistry will help prevent oral infections and inflammation, which are often associated with systemic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a common dental procedure used to restore a tooth. It can repair a decaying or a tooth with significant damage. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that will be custom made to fit right over your tooth. Your dentist will cement it in to place for a natural looking and secure fit. To learn more about the dental crown process, see Dental Crowns.
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge is a viable treatment option for anyone with one or several consecutive missing teeth. This prosthesis is a series of artificial teeth that is fused together to create a single dental restoration. It can be anchored in place with dental implants or natural teeth. A custom dental bridge can give you back a functional and beautiful smile. To learn more about the dental bridge process, see Dental Bridges.
- Dentures: Dentures are custom made artificial teeth used to replace missing teeth and some of the gum tissue. They are made in a dental lab with impressions of your mouth. When a full arch or all of your teeth are lost, we offer natural looking cosmetic dentures and implant secured dentures for a new smile. To learn more about the denture process, see Cosmetic Dentures.
- Dental implants: A dental implant fixture is a titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jawbone beneath the gum line. They are used to support a denture or dental bridge to replace missing teeth. This is the most natural tooth replacement solution available today. A dental implant supported restoration will prevent bone loss and last a lifetime if cared for properly. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, see Dental Implants.
To learn more about how Dr. Lazer and Dr. Doroshenko can help you restore a functional smile with restorative dentistry in the Hunt Valley, MD, request an appointment with them today or call (410) 697-6290 to book your appointment.