Dr. Ed Lazer and Dr. Andrey Doroshenko are experienced dentists who provide tooth bonding in Hunt Valley, MD. This popular dental treatment is an effective and affordable way to treat various dental concerns. The procedure is quick and easy and can last many years with proper oral care.
Cosmetic and Advanced Dentistry is welcoming new patients who are seeking versatile dental treatment options. We also provide comprehensive dental services to patients in Hunt Valley and Timonium, Baltimore County, Maryland.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding, or dental bonding, is a cosmetic dentistry procedure. It involves using a tooth colored resin material that your dentist will apply directly to the surface of the tooth. Then they will carefully shape it by hand into the desired shape, harden it, and polish it until it resembles a natural tooth’s appearance. Dental bonding can help patients suffering from a full range of dental issues.
Dental Concerns Treated with Tooth Bonding
Dentists can utilize dental bonding to treat various dental concerns. It is extremely versatile and effective. Your dentist may recommend tooth bonding to treat:
- Tooth discoloration: This cosmetic treatment can hide discolored, yellow, or stained teeth caused by things such as smoking, coffee, tea, or medication.
- Chipped or cracked teeth: Dental bonding can fix minor chips and cracks to restore the tooth’s structure and appearance. It will also strengthen the tooth to prevent further damage.
- Gaps and spaces between teeth: Tooth bonding can close small gaps and spaces between teeth to improve the overall alignment and appearance of the patient’s smile.
- Misshapen teeth: Teeth that are irregularly shaped or uneven can be reshaped and contoured with dental bonding to create an even, harmonious smile.
- Exposed tooth roots: Gum recession can lead to many problems however tooth bonding can cover the tooth roots and protect the exposed roots. Exposed tooth roots can cause tooth sensitivity and an uneven gum line.
- Minor Bite Issues: Bonding can be used to adjust slight bite problems, improving dental function and comfort.
Tooth Bonding in Hunt Valley, MD
The tooth bonding procedure is a simple and minimally invasive treatment. Your dentist can complete it in a single office visit. It does not typically require anesthesia unless it is being used to treat a cavity.
Your dentist will begin the procedure by selecting the perfect shade of resin. It is important to select a shade that closely matches the natural color of your teeth so that it blends in well. Then they will etch the surface of the tooth to create a rough texture. This creates a surface that will allow the bonding material to properly adhere to the tooth.
Once the tooth is ready, the dentist will apply the tooth-colored resin. Then he will carefully shape it by hand until the proper shape is reached and the tooth appears natural looking. We will use a special light to harden the material and bond the resin to the tooth’s surface.
The finals step is to polish the tooth so the sheen matches that of the natural surrounding teeth. This will ensure a seamless and natural look.
How do I Care for My Bonded Tooth?
Proper care and maintenance is crucial to helping your bonded tooth last for a long time. Tips to caring for your teeth after your bonding treatment include:
- Brush and floss your teeth every day to prevent tooth decay
- Visit your dentist regularly for routine checkups
- Avoid or limit substances that stain teeth such as red wine, coffee, tea, and smoking
- Never chew on objects that could damage your bonding material such as ice, kernels, pop tabs, pen caps, or fingernails
- Always wear a mouthguard if you suffer from night time teeth grinding or participate in contact sports
Book a consultation today with today with Dr. Ed Lazer or Dr. Andrey Doroshenko to learn more about tooth bonding in Hunt Valley, MD. You can reach our dentist office by calling (410) 697-6290 or you can request an appointment online by filling out the form.