The best way to enhance a healthy smile is with professional teeth whitening. This popular cosmetic dentistry procedure offers many benefits for patients. Having your dentist whiten your teeth is the safest way to achieve the brightest smile.
Dr. Ed Lazer and Dr. Andrey Doroshenko at Cosmetic and Advanced Dentistry provide teeth whitening in Hunt Valley, MD. Our top-of-the-line whitening system can tackle many types of stains and takes less than 80 minutes. We also offer comprehensive dental services to new and existing patients in Hunt Valley, Baltimore County, Maryland.
The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Choosing to get professional teeth whitening treatments has its benefits. Store-bought whitening products like whitening strips and gels cannot guarantee the same results that we can. Not to mention, the products are not always as safe or consistent as treatments at the dentist.
Safest Whitening Method
Having minimally-invasive whitening treatments by trained dental professionals is the safest method. Your dentist will tailor the whitening treatment to meet your needs. He will also monitor the progress, and ensure your safety throughout the entire process.
Our dentists have extensive training and education to ensure they provide the highest quality of care for our patients. Furthermore, our dentists use professional-grade compounds that pass the highest standards.
A bright smile will boost your self-esteem and confidence level. Once you treat your tooth discoloration and stains, you will feel more comfortable and at ease when you speak and smile. You will begin to notice huge improvements in your social and professional life.
Improved Appearance & Healthier-Looking Teeth
Yellow teeth and stained teeth can make you appear older than your actual age. Professional teeth whitening can provide you with a more youthful and vibrant appearance. Treatments can take years off your look.
Once you whiten your teeth, you are more likely to take better care of your oral hygiene as well. It also gives the impression of healthier teeth. You will be more likely to take care of your mouth and watch what you eat. This can lead to a healthier lifestyle and better overall health.
We Offer Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening in Hunt Valley, MD
The Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening system is a popular treatment that we provide to our patients from Hunt Valley, Maryland. We use a special bleaching gel with hydrogen peroxide and a light that activates the gel. When combined, you will get quick and dramatic whitening results in less than 80 minutes.
What types of stains can professional teeth whitening treat?
The Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening system is most effective at treating extrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains are types of tooth stains that sit on the surface of your teeth. External factors such as excessive or long-term coffee, tea, or red wine consumption cause extrinsic stains.
Years of smoking can lead to extrinsic stains on your teeth as well. Your dentist will suggest Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening to tackles these types of stains.
Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening may not be effective at treating intrinsic stains. These types of stains occur deep within the tooth and are hard to remove. Factors such as aging, genetics, certain medications, and excessive fluoride consumption cause intrinsic tooth stains. Our dentist may recommend tooth bonding or porcelain veneers to tackle these types of cosmetic imperfections.
How Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening Works
The Zoom teeth whitening procedure removes surface stains in as little as one visit. The procedure typically involves the following steps to give you whiter teeth.
- Preparation: Our dental staff will take the necessary steps to protect your gums and lips. We will not expose your soft gum tissue to the whitening gel or light for your safety.
- Application: Once we prepare your mouth, our dentist will apply the specially formulated bleaching gel to your teeth. This hydrogen peroxide-based gel will break down surface stains and remove them.
- Light Activation: After we apply the gel, we will direct the Zoom light at your teeth. This is what will activate the bleaching gel and accelerate the whitening process. It helps penetrate the enamel more effectively to give faster results.
- Multiple Sessions: Our dentists can repeat this process several times. Typically, the Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening system consists of three-to-four 15 minute whitening sessions. Our dentist will apply the gel and direct the light at your teeth each time.
- Aftercare: After your final round of whitening, your dentist will apply a different gel to reduce tooth sensitivity. Temporary sensitivity is a common side effect of teeth whitening.
Once we complete your Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening procedure in Hunt Valley, MD, you will notice that your teeth are up to 8 shades whiter. The results are noticeable after one visit and should last you a few years if you maintain your teeth properly.
Schedule an appointment for teeth whitening in Hunt Valley, MD. To book your teeth whitening appointment, call (410) 697-6290. We also offer an online form that you can fill out to request an appointment.